Club Outing – Point-to-Point Oldcastle
Oldcastle made its first appearance on the point-to-point fixture list in 1977 and it has been a mainstay of it ever since.
The course itself is a track of two halves. From the winning post to the start, which is located on the entrance to the back straight, the horses race steeply downhill, with no fences located on this portion of the course. Once jumping two fences along the back straight, the field spends much of their time on the turn, with the pace of the race often picking up notably at this point.
The first race is at 2 pm. We will meet at 1.15.pm sharp in the car park (https://goo.gl/maps/M8uQM3S3n3oHBxQN7).
Free tickets for the Saturday must be pre-booked online on the p2p.ie website on Friday 24th September. Bring a copy of your registration to the venue on Saturday.
You will need a telephoto lens preferably with a minimum of 70-200mm and a general purpose lens for saddling/enclosure/punters. A monopod will help and rain gear, warm clothing and a pair of stout shoes or boots. Bring a change of footwear!
Horses weigh ½ton and travel at 30mph and it’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun.
For more details contact email@example.com.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun. Please note the society’s COVID-19 Protocols in place for Outings and Events.
- Virtual Meeting – Competition Judging “Smartphone – Open”
- 27 Sep 2021
- 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Club Outing – Powerscourt Waterfall 16/09/2021
- Club Outing – Liffey Descent 13/09/2021
- Club Outing – Grand Canal Sunset 01/09/2021
- Club Outing – Dalkey Island 13/08/2021
- Club Outing – Hunting Brook Gardens 30/07/2021
- Club Competition – Anything Man-Made 26/07/2021
- Club Outing – Malahide Castle 15/07/2021
- Club Outing – Kilmacurragh Gardens 12/07/2021
- Club Outing – Ardgillan Castle and Skerries Harbour 28/06/2021
- Club Outing – Glendalough 17/06/2021