Club Outing – The National Botanic Gardens Kilmacurragh
Kilmacurragh Arboretum is now managed by the National Botanic Gardens. It is the remnants of a large estate planted during the 19th century by Thomas Acton in conjunction with David Moore and his son Sir Frederick Moore, curators of the National Botanic Gardens at that time. It was a period of great botanical and geographical explorations with numerous plant species from around the world being introduced to Ireland for the first time.
The different soil and climatic conditions at Kilmacurragh resulted in many of these specimens succeeding there while struggling or failing at Glasnevin. Kilmacurragh is particularly famous for its conifers and rhododendron collections. Coffee shop and toilet facilities on site.
Last entry at 16:30
We will meet by the cafe at 11 am
If driving south from Dublin on the N11, leave the motorway at junction 18 (well signposted) south of Wicklow. Cross the motorway and take the L1113. Keep to the main route, and you will find the entrance to the gardens on your left after 5km. (https://goo.gl/maps/rHHEtUHq7h4yc8tM6)
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun. Please note the society’s COVID-19 Protocols in place for Outings and Events.
- Club Meeting – Club Portrait Night
- 03 Apr 2023
- 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Club Competition – Open 10/03/2023
- Club Outing – Studio Portraits 08/03/2023
- Club Outing – Dublin Georgian Doors 24/02/2023
- Club Outing – Dublin Zoo 13/02/2023
- Club Outing – Moonrise at Sorrento Park 07/02/2023
- Sylvia Hick – LIPF 31/01/2023
- Club Outing – Glendalough Winter Morning 23/01/2023
- Club Outing – Dusk at Dun Laoghaire 13/01/2023
- Club Outing – Sandymount Strand Winter Birds 10/01/2023
- Club Outing – Christmas Lights 22/12/2022