Call for Submissions of Images for the IPF National Shield 2020
Deadline for Submission: 20th October
Submission Link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/4T4qTv9gx5fK9VRd4GAL
What is the National Shield?
The IPF National Shield is an annual inter-club competition which is open to all clubs who are affiliated to the IPF. The competition is designed to cater for members of Photography Clubs who are just beginning their photography journey, so advanced photographers are specifically excluded.
We won this competition last year, so we have a responsibility to maintain the standard of our entry going forward.
Who Can Enter?
It is easier to describe who cannot enter. The following are excluded:
- If you have won a prize or a medal in an IPF competition. (If you have won one you will know). You can win our internal OffShoot competitions or any other (non-IPF) external competitions but still be able to enter the Shield. Participation in last years entry is not a barrier as that is not an individual prize or medal).
- If you have achieved Associate Distinction (AIPF) or similar
- If you have achieved a Fellowship Distinction (FIPF) or similar.
The IPF also stipulate ‘’anyone whose club considers him or her to be of an advanced standard in any discipline of photography’’ should be excluded from entering.
Any other fully paid-up member of OffShoot can submit images for selection. So, if even if you have an IPF Licentiate Certification (LIPF) you can submit images. Each club will select the best 8 mono and 8 colour images from their eligible members to form two panels. You can enter images which you have entered in our club competitions or activities, even if you have won or been placed in our own competitions.
To promote entries from photographers at an earlier stage of their development, we are limited to just 2 images per panel from LIPF qualified members. This complicates the selection process for the selection committee but does not limit in any way LIPF holders from entering as many images as the club rules allow.
Call For Images
We are looking for entries from our members. Please forward your best mono and colour images to this link above. A maximum of 5 colour and 5 mono is allowed per entrant. The images should be in jpg format, with approx. 2000 pixels on the long side and named as follows.
Replace 999 with your membership number. Please do not use your own name as part of the title, as the selection committee needs to review the images anonymously. Please do not use punctuation such as commas, apostrophes or strange characters. Please avoid using spaces. You can use a Capital letter to identify the beginning of a Word (eg My Picture Title becomes MyPictureTitle).
[Please, please, please rename your images as per this format. Not doing so adds massively to the administration of our entry]
We will form a selection committee and shortlist of contenders to represent the club.
We will later seek full resolution images for the shortlisted entries to select our Mono and Colour entry panels. While we won the overall competition last year, our Mono images were a long way behind the quality of our Colour images, so we ask our members to make an extra special effort submitting Mono images.
To simplify the process, images can be uploaded to the link https://www.dropbox.com/request/4T4qTv9gx5fK9VRd4GAL.
The photographer retains full copyright.
Why Should I Enter?
- An opportunity to represent your club.
- As a club, we have a track record of success in this competition. The more images we receive from our members the higher the quality of entry.
- The IPF uses these competitions to select entries for other international competitions. It might be you.