Brian Hopper provided expert judging as well as a useful critique of all of the entries. In his general comments, he highlighted the high quality of printing and presentation but stressed that (i) many shots were soft due to being printed too large and (ii) that improvements in sharpening in post-processing are also required – for example using unsharp masking.
In judging the shots, he looked for impact first and then at technicalities.
Congratulations to all who achieved placings or commendations as follows:-
- 1st: Looking Outside by Olive Gaughan
- 2nd: Nikki by Kazi Ushioda
- 3rd: Shabby Chic by Andy McDonnell
- Highly Commended: Alone in the Woods by Richie Dalton
- Highly Commended: Cast a Long Shadow by Richard Boyle
- 1st: Aoife by Peter Williams
- 2nd: Joy, on Swing by David Whittaker
- 3rd: Chloe by Emily Gallagher
- Highly Commended: Checkmate by Tony Jobling
- Highly Commended: Valerie by Tony Jobling