Competition – Long Exposure
The fifth formal competition for 2013 was judged on the 4th November by Helen Hanafin AIPF. Helen is a member of Dublin Camera Club and based her A Distinction panel on seascapes and many of her shots used a long exposure approach.
The theme of this competition was also Long Exposure and, once again, a very high quality collection of images were entered by members at both Beginner and Intermediate level. Helen commented on a number of images that were all possible contenders for Highly Commended.
Helen gave good feedback on all shots and finished off the evening by displaying and talking us through her successful seascape A Distinction panel.
Congratulations to all who achieved placings or commendations as follows:-
- 1st: Crestone Stream by Kyle Tunney
- 2nd: Ballydwan Light by Olive Gaughan
- 3rd: Powerscourt Waterfall by Colin Ball
- Highly Commended: Flight by Janet Wippell
- Highly Commended: Diamond Light by Richard Boyle
- 1st: Blue Tranquility by Laura Coughlan
- 2nd: Going and Coming by Tony Jobling
- 3rd: Beckette Bridge by Rob Hackett
- Highly Commended: MerryGoRound by Gillian Jones
- Highly Commended: Street Performer by Tom Murphy