Competition – Macro
The first formal competition in 2013 was judged on the 15th of April by Javier Leite (www.javierleite.com).
Close-Up & Macro was the theme and this followed two Club nights of preparation – a technique and equipment presentation by Gary / Seamus, followed by a practical night were members got to try out the technique before working on their competition entry.
Javier provided feedback on all entered images and was very clear in his explanations for how he arrived at determining the winning shots. Many thanks for all the entries in both Beginner and Intermediate categories. Congratulations to all who achieved placings or commendations as follows:-
- 1st – ‘Release’ by Andy McDonnell
- 2nd – ‘Splash of Colour’ by Kevin Grace
- 3rd – ‘Moth’ by Kevin Grace
- Highly Commended – ‘Magnolia’ Blossom by Colin Ball
- Highly Commended – ‘Wine Pour’ by Richie Dalton.
- 1st – ‘Hairy Flower’ by Barry Dillon
- 2nd – ‘Droplet’ by Gillian Jones
- 3rd – ‘Snowdrop’ by Stacey Neilson
- Highly Commended – ‘Tulip’ by Barry Dillon
- Highly Commended – ‘Wasp’ by Ann O’Dwyer.