Competition – Open #2 (2014)
The fifth formal competition in 2014 was judged by Michelle La Grue on the 3rd November. Michelle takes portrait photographs specialising in family and children photography.
Once again we had the judge do ‘on-the-spot’ judging of the competition! Congratulations to all who took part and thanks to Mark Sedgwick of Celbridge camera club for an informative evening.
Many thanks for all the entries in both Beginner and Intermediate categories.
Congratulations to all who achieved placings or commendations as follows:-
- 1st – ‘Portrait of a Young Woman’ by Barry Dillon.
- 2nd – ‘Morning Glory’ by Matt O’Brien.
- 3rd – ‘Beckett Sunset’ by Kevin Grace.
- Highly Commended – ‘Scottish Mist’ by Janet Wippell.
- Highly Commended – ‘Moonburst at the Grand Canal Docks’ by John Coveney.
- 1st – ‘Iris’ by Matt Dunne.
- 2nd – ‘Scramble’ by George Balmer.
- 3rd – ‘Fire’ by Matt Dunne.
- Highly Commended – ‘Dublin Castle’ by Keith Mitchell.
- Highly Commended – ‘Baltray’ by Keith Mitchell.