On 2nd March the second formal competition for 2015, ‘People’, was judged by Gerry Andrews.
Gerry was awarded a Fellowship by the Irish Photographic Federation in 2012 for his work in Photojournalism and Social Documentary photography. Later that year, he was awarded an Associate of the Royal Photographic Society for his work in Burma and in 2013 he was awarded an AFIAP by the Federation Internationale de L’Art Photographique.
Gerry gave constructive feedback on all the entries before unveiling the evening’s winners.
Congratulations to all who took part and thanks to Gerry for an informative evening.
Many thanks for all the entries in both Level 1 (Beginner) and Level 2 (Intermediate) categories.
Congratulations to all who achieved a placing or commendation:-
- 1st – ‘Lauren in the Sand’ by Gavin Ross.
- 2nd – ‘Rachael’s Hair Toss’ by Ger Donnelly.
- 3rd – ‘Eye on the Ball’ by Robbie O’Leary.
- Highly Commended – ‘Hide & Seek’ by Helen Black.
- Highly Commended – ‘Reflective’ by Robbie O’Leary.
- Highly Commended – ‘Ultimate Selfie’ by Ger Donnelly.
- 1st – ‘The Shady Lady’ by Peter Williams.
- 2nd – ‘Peekaboo’ by Tony Jobling.
- 3rd – ‘Owning the Light’ by Kevin Grace.
- Highly Commended – ‘Girl with the Pearl Ear Ring’ by Olive Gaughan.
- Highly Commended – ‘Sneaky Sandwich’ by Barry Dillon.
- Highly Commended – ‘The Model and the Paparazzi’ by Wendy Hannan.