The theme was – Open – so members had a full range of options for genre and subject matter. We had 37 entries overall with 14 in the Beginner group and 23 in the Intermediate group.
Denis gave detailed critique on each shot highlighting what he liked and how the shot might be improved. All done with a light hearted approach. A few emails have since commented on how new members in particular got a better ‘feel’ for what to watch out for in their competition entries.
Congratulations to all who achieved placings or commendations as follows:-
- 1st: Steps by Des O’Riordan
- 2nd: Dawn Start by Phil Tung
- 3rd: Light After The Storm by Kevin Grace
- Highly Commended: Storm Approaching by Kevin Grace
- Highly Commended:The Singing Butler by Richie Dalton.
- 1st: Romantic Moon by Tom Murphy
- 2nd: Looking For A Title by Tom Murphy
- 3rd: Cloghleagh Autumn by Trevor Stafford
- Highly Commended: Butterfly by Ger Power
- Highly Commended: Monika by Peter Williams.