The second formal competition in 2014 was judged by Mark Sedgwick on the 7th April. Mark gave us an insight into what judges are looking for in competitions by doing on-the-spot judging of the open competition! Congratulations to all who took part and thanks to Mark Sedgwick of Celbridge camera club for an informative evening.
Many thanks for all the entries in both Beginner and Intermediate categories. Congratulations to all who achieved placings or commendations as follows:-
- 1st – ‘Snowy Walk’ by Laura Coughlan.
- 2nd – ‘Derryclare Mood’ by Dermot Staunton.
- 3rd – ‘Storm’ by Janet Wippell.
- Highly Commended – ‘A Tree at Sunset’ by Colin Ball.
- Highly Commended – ‘Glandalough Dawn’ by Olive Gaughan.
- 1st – ‘Liffey Sunrise’ by Ken Dobson.
- 2nd – ‘Autumn Glory’ by Helen Black.
- 3rd – ‘White Flower’ by Ann O’Dwyer.
- Highly Commended – ‘Kiss’ by Gillian Jones.
- Highly Commended – ‘Titanic’ by Robert Hackett.