SWM December 2017 – Reinterpreting Favourite Paitings
The theme of our Shoot With Me was ‘Reinterpreting Favourite Paintings’.
The idea was to visit the National Gallery and select a painting each, and then use aspects of the paintings to inspire our photographs.
Each of us found something different to catch our imagination: subject matter, composition, colour, lighting & theme. We all found it a stimulating and rewarding exercise, certainly to be repeated!
The original inspirations of each image can be referenced and viewed at the links below:
- The Sunshade by William John Leech – Photo interpretation Hilda McInerney
- A Musical Party by Gerrit van Honthorst – Photo interpretation David Sisk
- Frying Pan, Eggs and Napkin by William Scott – Photo interpretation Olive Gaughan
- Clown by Candlelight by Mary Swanzy – Photo interpretation Seamus McKenna
- Calisto by Richard Rothwell – Photo interpretation Barry Dillon
Click on an image below to enlarge: