Club Outing – Enduro Mountain Biking
Enduro is a type of mountain bike racing where riders are timed in stages that are primarily downhill. Robbie describes it as a bit like the Liffey Descent without the water and canoes but you have a bike instead! Highly recommended for sports photographers.
The event takes place in Ticknock starting at 9:30
You usually have to do a fair bit of uphill walking to get good access points. It lasts for hours with a steady stream of competitors. Parking at Enduro events can be a challenge in itself, especially if not there early, and so, even more walking may be necessary… you need to have a reasonable level of fitness.
You will need a telephoto lens preferably with a minimum of 70-200mm and a general purpose lens and stout shoes or boots may help and, of course, rain gear (this is Ireland).
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun.
- Club Meeting – Autumn SWM Showcase #2
- 04 Dec 2023
- 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Club Competition – Street Photography 24/11/2023
- Club Outing – South Wall 20/11/2023
- Club Outing – Massey’s Wood 10/11/2023
- Club Outing – Phoenix Park Deer Rut 02/11/2023
- Club Outing – Mount Usher 25/10/2023
- Club Outing – Lough Boora 17/10/2023
- Club Outing – Glendalough 13/10/2023
- Club Competition – Mono 06/10/2023
- Club Outing – Ballinasloe Horse Fair 05/10/2023
- Taryn Barling – AIPF 03/10/2023