Club Outing – Irish Open Canoe Slalom
Competitors race alone against the clock through rapids on a course created on the river Liffey marked out by poles (called slalom gates).
The challenge is to pass through approximately twenty gates suspended above the water, avoiding a touch with any part of the boat, paddle, or body.
We will meet at the car park at 10.00 a.m. A telephoto lens is essential.
Venue: Lucan Sluice Weir. There is a small car park located across the road from McDonald’s. It is a ten-minute walk from Lucan village. If the car park is full there is on-street parking in the vicinity.
For more details contact [email protected].
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun.
- Club Meeting – The Traveller, His Images and Videos – Part 2
- 20 Sep 2021
- 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Club Outing – Liffy Descent 13/09/2021
- Club Outing – Grand Canal Sunset 01/09/2021
- Club Outing – Dalkey Island 13/08/2021
- Club Outing – Hunting Brook Gardens 30/07/2021
- Club Competition – Anything Man-Made 26/07/2021
- Club Outing – Malahide Castle 15/07/2021
- Club Outing – Kilmacurragh Gardens 12/07/2021
- Club Outing – Ardgillan Castle and Skerries Harbour 28/06/2021
- Club Outing – Glendalough 17/06/2021
- Club Outing – Altamont Gardens & Duckett’s Grove 14/06/2021