Club Outing – Japanese Gardens
No club registration is required for this outing. Members intending to go should book individually on the venue website https://irishnationalstud.ie/.
The Irish National Stud’s Japanese Gardens, renowned worldwide and the finest of their kind in Europe, are far more than simply a treat for the eye. They also provide comfort to the soul, achieving exactly the objective set out when the gardens were created between 1906 and 1910. Devised by Colonel William Hall Walker, a wealthy Scotsman from a famous brewing family, the gardens were laid out by Japanese master horticulturist Tassa Eida and his son Minoru. Their aim was, through trees, plants, flowers, lawns, rocks and water, to symbolise the ‘Life of Man’. That plan was executed to perfection and Eida’s legacy is now admired by the 120,000 visitors who soak up the peace of the gardens every year.
We will meet inside the Entrance to the Japanese Gardens (https://goo.gl/maps/3cLcVpjtC44sAG6Y9) at 10.30. Contact otherwise via the Outings WhatsApp.
For more details contact email@example.com.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun.
- Club Outing – Moonrise over the 40-Foot
- 03 Jun 2023
- 9:15 pm - 11:00 pm
- Club Outing – Birds on the Saltees Islands 26/05/2023
- Club Outing – Liffey Decent 24/05/2023
- Club Outing – Malahide Castle and Gardens 19/05/2023
- Club Meeting – Marley Park 16/05/2023
- Club Outing – Killinthomas Bluebells 10/05/2023
- Club Outing – Japanese Gardens and National Stud 05/05/2023
- Club Outing – Lough Boora Astrophotography 30/04/2023
- Club Outing – Petit Volant Silk Acrobatics 29/04/2023
- Club Outing – Film Noir Studio 28/04/2023
- Club Competition – Natural World 21/04/2023