Club Outing – Kingfisher on the Dodder
There are usually many opportunities for photographers along this stretch of the River Dodder in Rathfarnham. It is not uncommon to observe foxes, grey squirrels, grey heron, cormorants and kingfishers here so you should bring the lens with the longest focal length you have. Otters have also been seen on two occasions in recent weeks. It’s also just a ten-minute walk to Bushy Park from here.
Location: Dodder Road Lower (https://goo.gl/maps/gewL5AU4EWiEsHdd8)
Directions: coming from Churchtown on Dodder Park Road, turn right at Kong’s Takeaway just before the junction with Rathfarnham Road. Coming from Rathfarnham, turn right at Rathfarnham Bridge, then immediate left.
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun. Please note the society’s COVID-19 Protocols in place for Outings and Events.
- Club Outing – Moonrise over the 40-Foot
- 03 Jun 2023
- 9:15 pm - 11:00 pm
- Club Outing – Birds on the Saltees Islands 26/05/2023
- Club Outing – Liffey Decent 24/05/2023
- Club Outing – Malahide Castle and Gardens 19/05/2023
- Club Meeting – Marley Park 16/05/2023
- Club Outing – Killinthomas Bluebells 10/05/2023
- Club Outing – Japanese Gardens and National Stud 05/05/2023
- Club Outing – Lough Boora Astrophotography 30/04/2023
- Club Outing – Petit Volant Silk Acrobatics 29/04/2023
- Club Outing – Film Noir Studio 28/04/2023
- Club Competition – Natural World 21/04/2023