Summer Outing #7 – Black Castle, Wicklow
This castle ruin stands on a rocky promontory over the sea, at the eastern side of Wicklow Town. In 1169 Earl Strongbow was granted the lands along the East Coast. He in turn granted those lands to Baron Maurice Fitzgerald on condition that he build castles for protection.
The Black Castle was constantly under attack from local Chieftains, notably those of the O’Byrne and O’Toole clans and in 1301 they succeeded in totally destroying the castle.
It can be viewed from the small beach or there is a fine vantage-point for views over Wicklow and the coast from the ruins.
Sunset is at 8:56pm and High tide at 19:58
We will meet at 8:30 p.m.
What to bring:
1. This is Ireland so suitable clothing is necessary.
2. Aside from your camera bring:
b. ‘Walk about’ lens and Wide-angle lens
c. Cable release
For more details contact email@example.com.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun.
- Club Meeting – Club Portrait Night
- 03 Apr 2023
- 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Club Competition – Open 10/03/2023
- Club Outing – Studio Portraits 08/03/2023
- Club Outing – Dublin Georgian Doors 24/02/2023
- Club Outing – Dublin Zoo 13/02/2023
- Club Outing – Moonrise at Sorrento Park 07/02/2023
- Sylvia Hick – LIPF 31/01/2023
- Club Outing – Glendalough Winter Morning 23/01/2023
- Club Outing – Dusk at Dun Laoghaire 13/01/2023
- Club Outing – Sandymount Strand Winter Birds 10/01/2023
- Club Outing – Christmas Lights 22/12/2022