Summer Outing #7 – Black Castle, Wicklow
This castle ruin stands on a rocky promontory over the sea, at the eastern side of Wicklow Town. In 1169 Earl Strongbow was granted the lands along the East Coast. He in turn granted those lands to Baron Maurice Fitzgerald on condition that he build castles for protection.
The Black Castle was constantly under attack from local Chieftains, notably those of the O’Byrne and O’Toole clans and in 1301 they succeeded in totally destroying the castle.
It can be viewed from the small beach or there is a fine vantage-point for views over Wicklow and the coast from the ruins.
Sunset is at 8:56pm and High tide at 19:58
We will meet at 8:30 p.m.
What to bring:
1. This is Ireland so suitable clothing is necessary.
2. Aside from your camera bring:
b. ‘Walk about’ lens and Wide-angle lens
c. Cable release
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun.
- Summer Outing – Street Art Walk in Town
- 04 Jul 2022
- 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Club Outing – National Botanical Gardens 17/06/2022
- Club Outing – Little Terns, Kilcoole 15/06/2022
- Shoot With Me – Spring 2022 Showcase #2 10/06/2022
- Shoot With Me – Spring 2022 Showcase #1 27/05/2022
- Club Outing – Kilmacurragh Botanical Gardens 12/05/2022
- Club Outing – Bluebells at Killinthomas Wood 08/05/2022
- Club Competition – Abstract 06/05/2022
- Club Outing – Red Kites at Avoca 06/05/2022
- Club Outing – Duckett’s Grove and Huntington Castle 07/04/2022
- Club Outing – Trinity Rugby v Cork Constitution Rugby 07/03/2022