Club Outing – Altamont Gardens & Duckett’s Grove
All members intending to attend must register for the outing at the bottom of this page. They will receive an email to confirm their registration.
KNOWN as the most romantic garden in Ireland, Altamont is an enchanting blend of formal and informal gardens located on a 100-acre estate. Whilst still little known, it ranks in the top ten of Irish gardens and is often referred to as ‘the jewel in Ireland’s gardening crown’.
LAWNS are bisected by sculpted yews sloping down to a romantic lake surrounded by rare trees, rhododendrons and shrubs. A fascinating walk through the Arboretum, Bog Garden and Ice Age Glen with its canopy of ancient oaks leads to the majestic River Slaney. There are wonderful views of the Blackstairs and Wicklow Mountains and Mount Leinster.
Location: Near Ballon, signposted off the N80 & N81, between Tullow and Bunclody
Car Parking: €2 Pay and Display
For more details contact [email protected].
We will meet in the car park at 11.00 am
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun. Please note the society’s COVID-19 Protocols in place for Outings and Events.
- Virtual Meeting – Fine Art Architecture and Landscape with David Garthwaite
- 14 Jun 2021
- 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Club Outing – National Stud & Japanese Gardens 13/05/2021
- Club Competition – The Natural World 09/04/2021
- Club Competition – 2020 Vision 30/01/2021
- Shoot With Me – Autumn 2020 18/12/2020
- Club Outing – Dalkey Hill / Killiney Head 17/12/2020
- Club Outing – Kingfisher on the Dodder 09/12/2020
- Club Outing – Sunset & South Quays 08/12/2020
- Club Outing – Grand Canal 08/10/2020
- Club Outing – Dun Laoghaire Sunset 07/10/2020
- Club Outing – War Memorial Gardens 09/09/2020