Club Outing – Altemont Gardens
KNOWN as the most romantic garden in Ireland, Altamont is an enchanting blend of formal and informal gardens located on a 100-acre estate. Whilst still little known, it ranks in the top ten of Irish gardens and is often referred to as ‘the jewel in Ireland’s gardening crown’
LAWNS are bisected by sculpted yews sloping down to a romantic lake surrounded by rare trees, rhododendrons and shrubs. A fascinating walk through the Arboretum, Bog Garden and Ice Age Glen with its canopy of ancient oaks lead to the majestic River Slaney. There are wonderful views of the Blackstairs and Wicklow Mountains and Mount Leinster.
Snowdrop Week in Altamont Gardens is a delightful opportunity to view the second largest collection of snowdrops in Ireland.
The journey takes about 1½ hours and will meet in the car park at 11 am as usual and afterwards lunch in the Arboretum Home & Garden Heaven, Old Kilkenny Road, Leighlinbridge
What to bring:
- This is Ireland so warm clothing and waterproofs.
- Aside from your camera bring:
- ‘Walkabout’ lens and Macro lens,
- Cable release and Enthusiasm.
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun.
- Club Meeting – Shoot With Me Showcase #1
- 05 Dec 2022
- 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Club Competition – Reflections 25/11/2022
- Club Outing – Killiney Hill Sunrise 22/11/2022
- Club Outing – Dublin Street Photography 18/11/2022
- Club Outing – Avondale House and Gardens 11/11/2022
- Club Outing – Deer Rut, Phoenix Park 05/11/2022
- Club Outing – St Anne’s Park 27/10/2022
- Club Outing – Revisit Red Kites at Avoca 28/09/2022
- Summer Outing – July and August 23/09/2022
- Club Competition – Smartphone Photography 17/09/2022
- Summer Outing – Dublin Street Art 08/07/2022