Club Outing – Point to Point at Fairwood, Tinahely
This is horses racing over fences across fields. Facilities are basic but there is access to all areas – well almost. It is likely to be quite muddy which makes for good shots.
The first of six races is at 12:30. The journey will take you just over 1½ hours and when you get to Tinahely the course will be advertised. (https://www.p2p.ie/fixtures.php)
We will meet either at the course (52°46’40.8″N 6°28’25.3″W) at 12 noon or 11:00 at Murphy’s hotel in Dwyer Square, Tinahely
You will need a telephoto lens preferably with a minimum of 70-200mm and a general purpose lens for saddling/enclosure/punters. A monopod will help and raingear, warm clothing and a pair of stout shoes or boots. Bring a change of footwear!
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
Horses weigh ½ton and travel at 30mph and it’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun.
- Club Outing – Moonrise over the 40-Foot
- 03 Jun 2023
- 9:15 pm - 11:00 pm
- Club Outing – Birds on the Saltees Islands 26/05/2023
- Club Outing – Liffey Decent 24/05/2023
- Club Outing – Malahide Castle and Gardens 19/05/2023
- Club Meeting – Marley Park 16/05/2023
- Club Outing – Killinthomas Bluebells 10/05/2023
- Club Outing – Japanese Gardens and National Stud 05/05/2023
- Club Outing – Lough Boora Astrophotography 30/04/2023
- Club Outing – Petit Volant Silk Acrobatics 29/04/2023
- Club Outing – Film Noir Studio 28/04/2023
- Club Competition – Natural World 21/04/2023