Club Outing – Point to Point
This isn’t the Curragh or Leopardstown; it’s horses racing over fences across fields. Facilities are basic but from our viewpoint, there is access to all areas – well almost.
How To Get There
Exit the M2 at Junction 3. you will come to a roundabout. Take the third exit on to R125 until you meet a ‘crossroads’ (see inset) then take the Robertstown Road to the R130 and turn left for Garristown for about 3 miles and you will come to ‘The Folly’ on the right-hand side.
You will need a telephoto lens preferably with a minimum of 70-200mm and a general pupose lens for saddling/enclosure/punters. A monopod will help and raingear, warm clothing and a pair of stout shoes and boots. Bring a change of shoes as it will get muddy.
For more details contact email@example.com.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
Horses weight half a ton and travel at 30mph. It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun.
- Club Outing – Studio Portrait Shoot
- 28 Nov 2021
- 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Club Outing – Mount Usher Gardens 13/11/2021
- Club Outing – Cloghlea Woods 08/11/2021
- Club Outing – Coliemore Harbour Sunrise 01/11/2021
- Club Outing – Dublin Zoo Wild Lights 01/11/2021
- Club Outing – Phoenix Park Deer Rut 27/10/2021
- Club Outing – Scotsman’s Bay ‘Harvest Moon’ 25/10/2021
- Club Outing – Oldcastle Point-to-Point 28/09/2021
- Club Competition – Smartphone Photography 27/09/2021
- Club Outing – Powerscourt Waterfall 16/09/2021
- Club Outing – Liffey Descent 13/09/2021