Club Outing – Point to Point
This isn’t the Curragh or Leopardstown; it’s horses racing over fences across fields. Facilities are basic but from our viewpoint, there is access to all areas – well almost.
How To Get There
Exit the M2 at Junction 3. you will come to a roundabout. Take the third exit on to R125 until you meet a ‘crossroads’ (see inset) then take the Robertstown Road to the R130 and turn left for Garristown for about 3 miles and you will come to ‘The Folly’ on the right-hand side.
You will need a telephoto lens preferably with a minimum of 70-200mm and a general pupose lens for saddling/enclosure/punters. A monopod will help and raingear, warm clothing and a pair of stout shoes and boots. Bring a change of shoes as it will get muddy.
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
Horses weight half a ton and travel at 30mph. It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun.
- Club Outing – Sunset at South Quays
- 06 Dec 2020
- 3:15 pm - 6:00 pm
- Club Outing – Grand Canal 08/10/2020
- Club Outing – Dun Laoghaire Sunset 07/10/2020
- Club Outing – War Memorial Gardens 09/09/2020
- Club Outing – Glasnevin National Botanic Gardens 07/09/2020
- Shoot With Me – Spring 2020 28/08/2020
- Club Outing – Fawns & Farmleigh 17/08/2020
- Club Outing – Portrane Cliff Walk 07/08/2020
- Club Outing – Altamont Gardens 28/07/2020
- Club Outing – Emo Court and Rock of Dunamase 22/07/2020
- Club Competition – Within 5km of my Kitchen Table 15/07/2020