Club Outing – Point to Point
This isn’t the Curragh or Leopardstown; it’s horses racing over fences across fields. Facilities are basic but from our viewpoint, there is access to all areas – well almost.
How To Get There
Exit the M2 at Junction 3. you will come to a roundabout. Take the third exit on to R125 until you meet a ‘crossroads’ (see inset) then take the Robertstown Road to the R130 and turn left for Garristown for about 3 miles and you will come to ‘The Folly’ on the right-hand side.
You will need a telephoto lens preferably with a minimum of 70-200mm and a general pupose lens for saddling/enclosure/punters. A monopod will help and raingear, warm clothing and a pair of stout shoes and boots. Bring a change of shoes as it will get muddy.
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
Horses weight half a ton and travel at 30mph. It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun.
- Club Meeting – Club Portrait Night
- 03 Apr 2023
- 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Club Competition – Open 10/03/2023
- Club Outing – Studio Portraits 08/03/2023
- Club Outing – Dublin Georgian Doors 24/02/2023
- Club Outing – Dublin Zoo 13/02/2023
- Club Outing – Moonrise at Sorrento Park 07/02/2023
- Sylvia Hick – LIPF 31/01/2023
- Club Outing – Glendalough Winter Morning 23/01/2023
- Club Outing – Dusk at Dun Laoghaire 13/01/2023
- Club Outing – Sandymount Strand Winter Birds 10/01/2023
- Club Outing – Christmas Lights 22/12/2022