Summer Outing #4 – Booterstown Marshes and Strand
Booterstown Marsh is located between the DART line and the Rock Road. It is an area of salt marsh and muds, with brackish water. It includes the only salt marsh and the only bird sanctuary in south Dublin Bay.
It can be viewed from all sides, although viewing from the DART platform requires a train ticket (a travel pass is handy!). There is a small viewing area with seating at the northwestern corner, opposite the end of Trimleston Avenue.
You can always cross the railway to get to the beach where there is an opportunity for wildlife/landscape/sunset shots.
You can park at the DART station.
High tide is at 21:46 and sunset is 21:34. We will meet at 8.30 pm.
What to bring for the wildlife:
1. A long lens; 70–200mm will do at a pinch but longer if you have one
What to bring for the sunset:
1. Standard or wide-angle lens
3. Cable release and filters
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun.
- Club Meeting – Shoot With Me Showcase #1
- 05 Dec 2022
- 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Club Competition – Reflections 25/11/2022
- Club Outing – Killiney Hill Sunrise 22/11/2022
- Club Outing – Dublin Street Photography 18/11/2022
- Club Outing – Avondale House and Gardens 11/11/2022
- Club Outing – Deer Rut, Phoenix Park 05/11/2022
- Club Outing – St Anne’s Park 27/10/2022
- Club Outing – Revisit Red Kites at Avoca 28/09/2022
- Summer Outing – July and August 23/09/2022
- Club Competition – Smartphone Photography 17/09/2022
- Summer Outing – Dublin Street Art 08/07/2022