Summer Outing #4 – Booterstown Marshes and Strand
Booterstown Marsh is located between the DART line and the Rock Road. It is an area of salt marsh and muds, with brackish water. It includes the only salt marsh and the only bird sanctuary in south Dublin Bay.
It can be viewed from all sides, although viewing from the DART platform requires a train ticket (a travel pass is handy!). There is a small viewing area with seating at the northwestern corner, opposite the end of Trimleston Avenue.
You can always cross the railway to get to the beach where there is an opportunity for wildlife/landscape/sunset shots.
You can park at the DART station.
High tide is at 21:46 and sunset is 21:34. We will meet at 8.30 pm.
What to bring for the wildlife:
1. A long lens; 70–200mm will do at a pinch but longer if you have one
What to bring for the sunset:
1. Standard or wide-angle lens
3. Cable release and filters
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun.
- Club Outing – Grand Canal 08/10/2020
- Club Outing – Dun Laoghaire Sunset 07/10/2020
- Club Outing – War Memorial Gardens 09/09/2020
- Club Outing – Glasnevin National Botanic Gardens 07/09/2020
- Shoot With Me – Spring 2020 28/08/2020
- Club Outing – Fawns & Farmleigh 17/08/2020
- Club Outing – Portrane Cliff Walk 07/08/2020
- Club Outing – Altamont Gardens 28/07/2020
- Club Outing – Emo Court and Rock of Dunamase 22/07/2020
- Club Competition – Within 5km of my Kitchen Table 15/07/2020