Club Outing – Lough Boora
Lough Boora Discovery Park is located in County Offaly, between Tullamore, Birr and Clonmacnoise.
Transformed from its previous incarnation as a commercial bog where peat was harvested, today Lough Boora Discovery Park is home to countless species of birds and wildlife, fish-filled lakes and a permanent exhibition of huge outdoor sculptures.
As part of a partnership between Bord na Móna and Fáilte Ireland, the new Visitor Centre at Lough Boora Discovery Park sits at the edge of Loch an Dochais and provides access to visitor information, public toilets, a cafe, picnic area and car park (fee of €4 applies).
For details of location and what to do and see visit www.loughboora.com.
GPS Coordinates: N 53°13’24.9″ W 007°43’44.5″
On Google maps, by simply search for ‘Lough Boora Discovery Park’. Driving time approx 90 minutes. (https://goo.gl/maps/bequjtZJSFd8wfE69)
We’ll meet at 10.30 at the visitor centre.
For more details contact email@example.com.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun. Please note the society’s COVID-19 Protocols in place for Outings and Events.
- Club Meeting – Autumn SWM Showcase #2
- 04 Dec 2023
- 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Club Competition – Street Photography 24/11/2023
- Club Outing – South Wall 20/11/2023
- Club Outing – Massey’s Wood 10/11/2023
- Club Outing – Phoenix Park Deer Rut 02/11/2023
- Club Outing – Mount Usher 25/10/2023
- Club Outing – Lough Boora 17/10/2023
- Club Outing – Glendalough 13/10/2023
- Club Competition – Mono 06/10/2023
- Club Outing – Ballinasloe Horse Fair 05/10/2023
- Taryn Barling – AIPF 03/10/2023