Club Outing – Lough Boora
Lough Boora Discovery Park is located in County Offaly, between Tullamore, Birr and Clonmacnoise.
Transformed from its previous incarnation as a commercial bog where peat was harvested, today Lough Boora Discovery Park is home to countless species of birds and wildlife, fish-filled lakes and a permanent exhibition of huge outdoor sculptures.
As part of a partnership between Bord na Móna and Fáilte Ireland, the new Visitor Centre at Lough Boora Discovery Park sits at the edge of Loch an Dochais and provides access to visitor information, public toilets, a cafe, picnic area and car park (fee of €4 applies).
For details of location and what to do and see visit www.loughboora.com.
GPS Coordinates: N 53°13’24.9″ W 007°43’44.5″
On Google maps, by simply search for ‘Lough Boora Discovery Park’. Driving time approx 90 minutes. (https://goo.gl/maps/bequjtZJSFd8wfE69)
We’ll meet at 10.30 at the visitor centre.
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun. Please note the society’s COVID-19 Protocols in place for Outings and Events.
- Bank Holiday – No Meeting
- 06 Feb 2023
- 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Sylvia Hick – LIPF 31/01/2023
- Club Outing – Glendalough Winter Morning 23/01/2023
- Club Outing – Dusk at Dun Laoghaire 13/01/2023
- Club Outing – Sandymount Strand Winter Birds 10/01/2023
- Club Outing – Christmas Lights 22/12/2022
- Club Outing – Bailey Light House 12/12/2022
- Club Outing – Nature on the Dodder 02/12/2022
- Club Outing – Dublin Roller Derby 02/12/2022
- Club Competition – Reflections 25/11/2022
- Club Outing – Killiney Hill Sunrise 22/11/2022