Club Outing – Lough Boora
Lough Boora Discovery Park is located in County Offaly, between Tullamore, Birr and Clonmacnoise.
Transformed from its previous incarnation as a commercial bog where peat was harvested, today Lough Boora Discovery Park is home to countless species of birds and wildlife, fish-filled lakes and a permanent exhibition of huge outdoor sculptures.
As part of a partnership between Bord na Móna and Fáilte Ireland, the new Visitor Centre at Lough Boora Discovery Park sits at the edge of Loch an Dochais and provides access to visitor information, public toilets, a cafe, picnic area and car park (fee of €4 applies).
For details of location and what to do and see visit www.loughboora.com.
GPS Coordinates: N 53°13’24.9″ W 007°43’44.5″
On Google maps, by simply search for ‘Lough Boora Discovery Park’. Driving time approx 90 minutes. (https://goo.gl/maps/bequjtZJSFd8wfE69)
We’ll meet at 10.30 at the visitor centre.
For more details contact email@example.com.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun. Please note the society’s COVID-19 Protocols in place for Outings and Events.
- Virtual Meeting – Competition Judging ‘People in Images’
- 27 Jun 2022
- 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Club Outing – National Botanical Gardens 17/06/2022
- Club Outing – Little Terns, Kilcoole 15/06/2022
- Shoot With Me – Spring 2022 Showcase #2 10/06/2022
- Shoot With Me – Spring 2022 Showcase #1 27/05/2022
- Club Outing – Kilmacurragh Botanical Gardens 12/05/2022
- Club Outing – Bluebells at Killinthomas Wood 08/05/2022
- Club Competition – Abstract 06/05/2022
- Club Outing – Red Kites at Avoca 06/05/2022
- Club Outing – Duckett’s Grove and Huntington Castle 07/04/2022
- Club Outing – Trinity Rugby v Cork Constitution Rugby 07/03/2022