Club Outing – Portrait Masterclass 2
“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” “It’s one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it’s another thing to make a portrait of who they are.”
This is an afternoon for beginners in the art of portraiture in a fully equipped studio and we aim to cover:
1. An introduction to studio lighting and operation of equipment. (hands-on)
2. A brief understanding of lighting inc. softboxes, strip light, modifiers etc.
3. A practical interactive shooting using lights and understanding models/poses etc.
4. Natural light with/without reflector depending on available light on the day
5. Printouts of what we have covered will be supplied to each participant.
We will have 2 models
The cost per person is €50
We are restricting numbers to 10 persons so that you can make the most of your time
This session is already fully booked. If you are interested in a possible 3rd session, please send your application to email@example.com.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun. Please note the society’s COVID-19 Protocols in place for Outings and Events.
- Club Outing – Winter Birds
- 23 Jan 2022
- 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- Club Outing – St Patrick Cathederal 21/01/2022
- Shoot With Me – Autumn 2021 Showcase 2 21/12/2021
- Shoot With Me – Autumn 2021 Showcase 1 18/12/2021
- Club Outing – Street Photography in Dublin City 17/12/2021
- Club Outing – Dodder River Nature Photography 09/12/2021
- Club Outing – Portrait Masterclass 03/12/2021
- Club Competition – Autumn Colours 01/12/2021
- Liz Roulston – LIPF 29/11/2021
- Club Outing – Mount Usher Gardens 13/11/2021
- Club Outing – Cloghlea Woods 08/11/2021