Club Outing – Red Kites at Avoca
After a two hundred year absence, Red Kites were re-introduced to Ireland 10 years ago now: Young birds made the relatively short trip across the Irish Sea this time via ferry and in the capable hands of personnel from NPWS and the Golden Eagle Trust. The Welsh ‘donor stock’ has taken really well to their new homes in counties Down, Fingal and Wicklow, a conservation success story and great credit is due to all concerned. Unusually for raptors, Kites are highly sociable and roost in biggish gatherings, all the more noticeable as Kites are comfortable in the presence of people and village life in general.
We have arranged a “Feeding” through Isaac Lett the local butcher for 11 am.
There will be a short easy forest walk so suitable clothing is advised.
Directions: From the R752 on the West side of the village, cross the Bridge via the R754. Take a left after the bridge and drive uphill for about 300 metres There is a Church on the right with a car park opposite.
We will meet in the car park at 10.45. (https://goo.gl/maps/Up1qSzdHFkkAf9gAA)
Long lenses are advised, as we are unsure as to the distance from the feeder to the birds.
For more details contact email@example.com.
SAFETY ON OFFSHOOT OUTINGS AND EVENTS
It’s easy to become distracted when taking photographs. Use common sense, take responsibility for your own safety and then go shoot and have fun. Please note the society’s COVID-19 Protocols in place for Outings and Events.
- Club Outing – Christmas Lights
- 10 Dec 2022
- 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Club Outing – Nature on the Dodder 02/12/2022
- Club Outing – Dublin Roller Derby 02/12/2022
- Club Competition – Reflections 25/11/2022
- Club Outing – Killiney Hill Sunrise 22/11/2022
- Club Outing – Dublin Street Photography 18/11/2022
- Club Outing – Avondale House and Gardens 11/11/2022
- Club Outing – Deer Rut, Phoenix Park 05/11/2022
- Club Outing – St Anne’s Park 27/10/2022
- Club Outing – Revisit Red Kites at Avoca 28/09/2022
- Summer Outing – July and August 23/09/2022